What follows is from the “2018 Guideline on the Management of Blood Cholesterol” from the American Heart Association’s Professional Heart Daily [Placed here because this blog is my study notes – aka my peripheral brain]:
- The 2018 guideline addresses the practical management of patients with high blood cholesterol and related disorders.
- Recommendations are based on the best available evidence from randomized controlled trials of cholesterol-lowering therapies and other sources of evidence.
- This guideline is a full update of the 2013 ACC/AHA cholesterol guideline.
- Executive Summary
- Systematic Review
- Special Report: Use of Risk Assessment Tools to Guide Decision-Making in the Primary Prevention of Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease: A Special Report From the American Heart Association (AHA) and American College of Cardiology (ACC)
- Cholesterol Highlights (PDF)
- Top Ten Things to Know (PDF)
- Editorial: The New 2018 Cholesterol Guidelines: Filling Gaps and Expanding Opportunities by Amit Khera, MD, MSc, FACC, FAHA, FASPC
- Commentary: New cholesterol guideline recommends more personalized risk assessment, active patient involvement in treatment decisions by Scott M. Grundy, MD, PhD, FAHA
- Slide Set (PDF)
- Data Visualization: Prevalence of Statin Therapy Use in US Adults According to Statin Eligibility Groups: 2018 ACC/AHA Guideline on the Treatment of Blood Cholesterol in Adults
- AHA News: New guidelines Cholesterol should be on everyones radar beginning early in life
- News Release: Updated cholesterol guidelines offer more personalized risk assessment, additional treatment options for people at the highest risk
Scott Grundy, MD, PhD, chair of the writing group, announces the publication of the 2018 Guideline on the Management of Blood Cholesterol and describes the some of the changes in this update
Note To Myself: Be sure and download the app below to my phone and tablet.
- 2013 ACC/AHA Guideline on the Treatment of Blood Cholesterol to Reduce Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Risk in Adults
- 2013 AHA/ACC Guideline on Lifestyle Management to Reduce Cardiovascular Risk
- 2013 ACC/AHA Guideline on the Assessment of Cardiovascular Risk
- 2013 AHA/ACC/TOS Guideline for the Management of Overweight and Obesity in Adults
- AHA/ACCF Secondary Prevention and Risk Reduction Therapy for Patients With Coronary and Other Atherosclerotic Vascular Disease: 2011 Update
- The Agenda for Familial Hypercholesterolemia
- Triglycerides and Cardiovascular Disease
- Applicability and Cost Implications for PCKS9 Inhibitors Based on the ODYSSEY Outcomes Trial: Insights from the Department of Veterans Affairs