This post has links to some articles on taxes from the New York Times with additional resources.
- How to Tax Our Way Back to Justice – It is absurd that the working class is now paying higher tax rates than the richest people in America. By Emmanuel Saez and Gabriel Zucman. The authors are economists at the University of California, Berkeley. Oct. 11, 2019.
- Should We Soak the Rich? You Bet! – And they’ll still be loaded. By Nicholas Kristof, Opinion Columnist, Oct. 12, 2019.
- From Voodoo Economics to Evil-Eye Economics – Are Democrats hexing the Trump boom with bad thoughts? By Paul Krugman, Opinion Columnist, Aug. 22, 2019.
- The Great Tax Break Heist – The many, many fiascos of policy by tax cut. By Paul Krugman, Opinion Columnist, Sept. 2, 2019.
- The Trump Tax Cut: Even Worse Than You’ve Heard – Skeptical reporting has still been too favorable. By Paul Krugman, Opinion Columnist, Jan. 1, 2019.
- Why Was Trumponomics a Flop? – Neither tax cuts nor tariffs are working. By Paul Krugman, Opinion Columnist, Aug. 1, 2019.
- Why We’re in a New Gilded Age – A Review of Capital in The Twenty-first Century by Paul Krugman, May 8, 2014, The New York Review of Books.