In addition to today’s resource, please review:
- Brief Resolved Unexplained Events (Formerly Apparent Life-Threatening Events) and Evaluation of Lower-Risk Infants [PubMed Abststract] [Full-Text HTML] [Full-Text PDF]. Pediatrics. 2016 May;137(5):e20160591. doi: 10.1542/peds.2016-0591. Epub 2016 Apr 25.
- A Framework for Evaluation of the Higher-Risk Infant After a Brief Resolved Unexplained Event [PubMed Abstract] [Full-Text HTML] [Full-Text PDF]. Pediatrics. 2019 Aug;144(2):e20184101. doi: 10.1542/peds.2018-4101.
This episode is the second in a two-part series on Brief Resolved Unexplained Events (BRUEs), previously referred to as apparent life-threatening events (ALTEs). Part 1 can be found here. This podcast reviews appropriate investigations and management for a child with presenting with a BRUE. This podcast was created by Larissa Shapka in collaboration with Dr. Karen Forbes. Larissa is a senior medical student at the University of Alberta. Dr. Forbes is a Pediatric Hospitalist and Associate Professor of Pediatrics at the Stollery Children’s Hospital and the University of Alberta.
- Pocast: Brief Resolved Unexplained Events (BRUEs) Part 1
- Case: Brief Resolved Unexplained Events (BRUEs) Self-Assessment Questions
- Podcast: Sudden Infant Death Syndrome