In this post, I link to and excerpt from Guidelines for the Early Management of Patients With Acute Ischemic Stroke: 2019 Update to the 2018 Guidelines for the Early Management of Acute Ischemic Stroke: A Guideline for Healthcare Professionals From the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association [PubMed Abstract] [Full-Text HTML] [Full-Text PDF]. Stroke. 2019 Dec;50(12):e344-e418. doi: 10.1161/STR.0000000000000211. Epub 2019 Oct 30.
All that follows is from the above resources.
- 1. Prehospital Stroke Management and Systems of Care
- 2. Emergency Evaluation and Treatment
- 3. General Supportive Care and Emergency Treatment
- 4. In-Hospital Management of AIS: General Supportive Care
- 5. In-Hospital Management of AIS: Treatment of Acute Complications
- 6. In-Hospital Institution of Secondary Stroke Prevention