(1) Neuro/Reflexes [Newborn Neuro Exam] from the Stanford Newborn Nursery
- Rooting Reflex
- Sucking Reflex
- Protective Reflex
- Moro Reflex
- Grasp Reflex
- Grasp Reflex Of The Foot
- Gallant Reflex
- Asymetric Tonic Neck Reflex
- Stepping Reflex
- Jittery Movements
- Seizure Activity
- Facial Nerve Palsy
- Asymetric Crying Facies
- Erb’s Palsy
(2) Neural Tube Defect – Overview (signs and symptoms, pathophysiology, treatment), YouTube video from Armando Hasudungan. May 24, 2017, 10:50.
(3) Ultrasound of the Neonatal Spine, YouTube video from Emily Bass. Nov 26, 2016, 6:14.
(4) Links To The Galleries of Neonatal Physical Examination Photographs From The Stanford Newborn Nursery
Posted on January 29, 2020 by Tom Wade MD
(5) Newborn neurologic examination [PubMed Abstract] [Full Text HTML] [Full Text PDF]. Neurology. 2004 Apr 13;62(7):E15-7.
What follows are excerpts from the above article.