The following is from the 2016 Pediatric Advanced Life Support Provider Manual:
For evidence of effective oxygenation and ventilation, see the post “Clinical Parameters of Oxygen And Ventilation” From Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
Troubleshooting Ineffective Ventilation, p 155.
If effective ventilation is not achieved (i.e., chest does not rise), do the following:
· Repositioned/reopened the airway: attempted to further lift the jaw and ensure that the child is placed in a significant
· verify the mask size and ensure a tight face mask seal
· suction the airway if needed
· check O2 source
· Check the ventilation mask and bag.
· Treat gastric inflation
· consider two-person bag mask ventilation and insertion of the oropharyngeal fairway (OP A)