The article below is a useful do-it-yourself (DIY) inexpensive simulator that anyone can build to practice vascular access using ultrasound guidance.
For additional DIY medical simulation ideas, please see Additional Resources below.
An affordable and easily constructed model for training in ultrasound-guided vascular access [PubMed Abstract] [Full Text HTML] [Download PDF]. This article has supplementary materials available to download.
Download any of the following attachments:
- Download Vascular phantom – The construction process.mp4
- Download Vascular phantom – Teaching with the phantoms.mp4
- Download Vascular phantom – Appearance of the phantoms.mp4
(1) DIY Medical Simulators For Ultrasound Guided Thoracentesis and For Escharotomy
Posted on June 4, 2016 by Tom Wade MD
(2) A Great Website for DIY Surgical Practice Models That Students Can Build
Posted on April 11, 2016 by Tom Wade MD
(3) Peri-Mortem Cesarean Section from EmCrit–An Important Subject for Students of Advanced Life Support In Obstetrics
Posted on May 22, 2015 by Tom Wade MD
(4) A Link to “All Things Cricothyrotomy”, Dr. Weingart’s Outstanding Podcast 131
Posted on May 23, 2015 by Tom Wade MD [Dr. Weingart’s podcast has an example of a DIY cricothyrotomy simulator among all the other great stuff.]
(5) Slides and Resources from Dr. Brainard’s Essential Emergency Airway Care Course #7 – The Simple Surgical Airway
Posted on October 14, 2015 by Tom Wade MD
(3) Free eBook: Ultrasound Guidance for Vascular Access and Regional Anesthesia [link to download the pdf]. 2012 from BK Ultrasound.