Inkscape Explained: Saving & Exporting Files – Transparent Background
An explanation of how to render .png graphics with a transparent background, DPI functions, and other file formats available in Inkscape.
This tutorial is for Inkscape version 0.48 and is intended to teach you how to use the software.
The version used in this video is an earlier version compared to our version.
- So he goes to File Menu Export Bitmap… while we go to Export PNG Image box but they are the same.
- Next he shows us how to save files.
- He likes to send files that are going to the printer in PDF.
- In order to continue to work on your graphic you need to save it in Inkscape .svg.
- To save your graphic so that you have a transparent background, you need to save it as a PNG (after tracing your image and removing the background as shown in other videos.