4-2-2020: As he promised, Dr. Farkas has been continually updating his COVID 19 chapter. And his most recent revision was on 3-29-2020. You can download his awesome post as a PDF to your phone or tablet. The links in this post will still take you to Dr. Farkas most recent revision.
*This article is so great that literally every clinician (physician, nurse, pharmacist, NP, PA, EMT, and Paramedic) should completely review this resource.
Note to myself: When I review this post again, along with this chapter, I need to reread all the related great links within the chapter.
Here are the direct links to the COVID-19 article:
- Signs & symptoms
- Diagnostic approach for admitted patients
Treatment: General protocols
Treatment: Specific anti-viral & immunosuppressive therapies
- Anti-viral therapies
- Immunomodulation: Stages of illness & timing of therapies
Treatment: Additional issues by organ system
- Renal failure
- ID – Anti-bacterial therapy
- Hematology – Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation
- Endocrine – Glycemic control & diabetes