The following Chest Pain Screening Algorithm and the algorithm annotations are from the November 2012 Institute for Clinical Systems Improvement, “Health Care Guideline Diagnosis and Treatment of Chest Pain and Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)“. The complete set of algorithms are available at the preceding link.
Related ICSI Documents:
Related ICSI Scientific Documents
• Antithrombotic Therapy Supplement
• Assessment and Management of Chronic Pain
• Heart Failure in Adults
• Hypertension Diagnosis and Treatment
• Lipid Management in Adults
• Major Depression in Adults in Primary Care
• Stable Coronary Artery Disease
There are other important causes of chest pain, chest discomfort, and/or acute dyspnea and acute weakness besides Acute Coronary Syndrome–Always consider (and if appropriate) rule out pulmonary embolus, thoracic aortic dissection, acute heart failure, and other serious possibilities as clinically indicated.