In this post, I link to and exerpt from the National Institute of Neurologic Disorders and Stroke Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS) Highlight Summary Document. Accessed 8-13-2022.
The above resource has outstanding measurement suggestions for ME/CFS.
All that follows is from the above resource.
The NINDS also strongly encourages researchers to use these NIH developed materials for NINDS-sponsored
research, when appropriate. Utilization of these resources will enable greater consistency for NINDSsponsored research studies. These tools are free of charge.
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) Toolbox
- Quality of Life in Neurological Disorders (Neuro-QOL)
- Neuro-QoLTM (Quality of Life in Neurological Disorders) is a measurement system that evaluates and monitors the physical, mental, and social effects experienced by adults and children living with neurological conditions.
- Patient-Reported Outcomes Measurement Information System (PROMIS)
- PROMIS® (Patient-Reported Outcomes Measurement Information System®) is a set of person-centered measures that evaluates and monitors physical, mental, and social health in adults and children.It can be used with the general population and with individuals living with chronic conditions.