In this post I link to and excerpt from Emergency Medicine Cases’ “Ep 155 Treatment of Bradycardia and Bradydysrhythmias“*. [Link is to the podcast and show notes.]
*Helman, A. Dorian, P. Hedayati, T. Episode 155 Treatment of Bradycardia and Bradydysrhythmias. Emergency Medicine Cases. April, 2021. https://emergencymedicinecases.com/treatment-bradycardia-bradydysrhythmias. Accessed 5-4-2021.
So today, in addition to reviewing Episode 155 from EMC, I reviewed the following:
- Emergency Medicine Cases‘ ECG Cases 20 – Approach to Bradycardia and the BRADI Mnemonic. Written by Jesse McLaren; Peer Reviewed and edited by Anton Helman, April 2021.
- Emergency Medicine Cases’ Ep 154: 4-Step Approach to Bradycardia and Bradydysrhythmias. Written Summary and blog post by Winny Li, edited by Anton Helman April, 2021
- Bradycardia from the Internet Book Of Critical Care.
January 2, 2017 by Dr. Josh Farkas
All that follows is from Ep 155 Treatment of Bradycardias and Bradyarrythmias.
Note to myself: Review the complete show notes linked to above. As always, I just post excerpts to help me remember and left out a lot of great points.
4-step approach to bradycardia in the ED
These steps are often done in parallel.
- Stable vs. unstable
- Symptomatic vs. asymptomatic
- Determine the anatomic location causing the bradycardia: SA node, AV node or His-Purkinje
- Assess for secondary causes of bradycardia