The Curbsiders #206 podcast and post specifically references airway and ventilator management in the COVID-19 patient.
Note to myself: I didn’t excerpt the show notes because I just need to review every part of the notes every time I go over the podcast again.
PITFALLS & PEARLS IN THE COVID-19 ERA WITH MEDICAL
INTENSIVIST DR. KEVIN CHUNG
Time Stamps [Clinical material begins at 8:20]
- 00:00 Sponsor – AccessMedicine by McGraw Hill https://bit.ly/MHCurbsiders
- 00:15 Disclaimer, intro, guest bio
- 03:15 Guest one liner, chicken wings (Miller Lite marinade), career advice
- 07:40 Sponsor – AccessMedicine by McGraw Hill https://bit.ly/MHCurbsiders
- 08:20 Case of hypoxemic respiratory failure; Rapid evaluation, initial labs
- 16:03 Initial assessment of a COVID-PUI; HFNC and non-invasive ventilation
- 23:40 Proning patients for hypoxemia
- 29:15 ARDS basics: diagnostic criteria, Brief Recap
- 33:22 Mechanical ventilation: Initial settings, following the blood gas
- 40:55 Peak and plateau pressure, Lung compliance and Troubleshooting a high pressures
- 51:30 Ventilator dyssynchrony; Lung compliance and traditional ARDS vs COVID-19 lungs
- 62:55 Advanced ARDS – The 5 Ps of therapy and differences with COVID-19
- 68:10 Take home points; Plugs; Outro
Here is the link to the show notes to review again.