The Internet Book Of Critical Care Post referenced in this (my) post is part of the EMCrit minicourse above [my term for posts that feature a number of FOAMed resources that taken together can be considered as a “minicourse” on a specific topic].
Note to myself: This chapter is worth reviewing over and over.
- the understated importance of high-quality supportive care
- Medications to avoid in ICU
- Anemia & transfusion targets
- Glycemic control
- Nutrition for the intubated patient
- Pain, agitation, and delirium
- Volume status & diuresis
- Electrolyte management
- Troponin elevation & heparin drips
- Approach to fever in the ICU
- Questions & discussion
- PDF of this chapter (or create customized PDF)