This Classic Cinnamon Bread recipe is from my friend Rob. It is wonderful.
Classic Cinnamon Bread:
350 ml water
2 Tbsp oil
4 cups white flour
2 Tbsps of powdered milk
3 Tbsp sugar
2 tsp of salt
1 Tbsp cinnamon
3 tsp yeast
English Muffin Bread
For those of you who don’t feel like doing a lot of rolling and cutting, here’s an English muffin bread developed for the bread machine. It makes a mild-flavored, light-textured 1 1/2-pound loaf, perfect for toast.
- Place all of the ingredients into the bucket of your bread machine. Use the smaller amount of water in the summer, or during humid conditions; use the larger amount of water in winter, or if you’re in a dry climate.
- Program your machine for basic white bread, light crust. Midway through the second kneading cycle, check the dough; it should be soft, smooth and slightly sticky. Adjust the dough’s consistency with additional flour or water, if necessary.
- For a true English muffin effect, remove the dough after either the final kneading or before the final rise and roll it in cornmeal.
- Place the dough back in the machine to rise and bake.
- Remove the finished bread from the machine, and cool it on a rack.