Here is a link to the excellent post, Is Ketamine Contraindicated in Patients with Psychiatric Disorders?, from RebelEM. I’ve included direct links to all of my other posts on ketamine, airway management, rapid sequence intubation, and procedural sedation and analgesia in Additional Resources below.
The above link was sent to me by my friend Dr. Kayur Patel, Founder and Chief Medical Officer of Wellness For Life. His medical group has innovative services for employers and their employees. If you are employer, you should definitely visit his site.
Thanks for the link, Dr. Patel.
Ketamine is an outstanding medication that is used safely and effectively every day by Emergency Medicine physicians.
However, the safe use of ketamine requires extensive knowledge and experience of every aspect of airway management. In addition to my posts on ketamine below, please see my posts on Airway Management (144 posts), Rapid Sequence Intubation (52 posts), and Procedural Sedation And Analgesia (14 posts).
Here are links to some of my posts on ketamine:
(1) 2018 Guidelines For The Use Of IV Ketamine For Acute Pain Management
Posted on June 15, 2018 by Tom Wade MD
(2) Consensus Guidelines on the Use of Intravenous Ketamine Infusions for Acute Pain Management From the American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine, the American Academy of Pain Medicine, and the American Society of Anesthesiologists [PubMed Abstract] [Download PDF]. Reg Anesth Pain Med. 2018 Jun 7. doi: 10.1097/AAP.0000000000000806. [Epub ahead of print].
(3) Ketamine Induced Laryngospasm – A Link To Guidance From First10EM And Other Resources Posted on August 27, 2017 by Tom Wade MD.
(4) Links To Laryngospasm After Ketamine From Resus.me and Two Other Resources
Posted on October 17, 2016 by Tom Wade MD
(5) Ketamine for Analgesia AND MORE From Dr. Fox
Posted on October 16, 2016 by Tom Wade MD
(6) Ketamine Use In The Emergency Department (ACEP Guideline)
Posted on September 28, 2015 by Tom Wade MD
(7) Etomidate and Ketamine for Rapid Sequence Intubation
Posted on April 24, 2012 by Tom Wade MD
(7) The Seven Ps of Rapid Sequence Intubation
Posted on April 23, 2012