In this post I link to and excerpt from The Curbsiders‘ [Link is to the full episode list] episode #246 Take a Bite out of Cellulitis with Dr Boghuma Titanji [Link is to the show notes and podcast of December 14, 2020].
I’ve embedded this excellent episode:
Note to myself and my readers: I excerpt from my study resources because doing so helps me reinforce my recall. But I remind myself that the podcast’s show notes are so good that it is really better to go to the show notes when reviewing this resource.
[Continue review of podcast starting at 31:00.]
Here are excerpts:
*Note: Time Stamps refer to ad free version.
- 00:00 Sponsor(s), Intro, disclaimer, guest bio
- 02:00 Picks of the Week
- 06:00 Definitions, Initial Approach to cellulitis
- 10:35 Nonpurulent cellulitis; antibiotic choice 18:10 Fish handler’s disease
- 24:30 Recurrent cellulitis
- 31:30 Purulent cellulitis and MRSA; Antibiotic choice; Step down therapy
- 47:33 Abscesses; Adjuvant antibiotics; Packing Wounds
- 53:30 Decolonization for recurrent MRSA infections
- 56:30 Human Bites (clenched fist injury); Dog bites and Cat bites
- 67:10 Take home points and Outro