In addition to the infographic below, please review the posts [and the original source material referenced in the posts] that follow Dr. Mark’s ICU One Pager:
Today I link to the awesome blog from intensivist Dr Nick Mark’s ICU one pagers. Dr. Mark has constructed outstanding Infographics on critical care topics.
Today I’m posting Dr Mark’s ICU one pager “Vasopressors”.
Dr. Mark states:
#criticalCare #hemodynamics #vasopressors #shock
Shock comes in many flavors and so do vasopressors. Here’s a #OnePager summarizing my approach to pressors including when to start, which ones to use, how to administer them, and when to increase or wean. Includes my favorite pedagogical device for vasopressor: the pressor-speedometer from beta to alpha adrenergic effects..
Current version 1.0 (2020-04-05)
And here is Dr. Mark’s one pager on Vasopressors:
Phenylephrine Premixed Syringe Phenylephrine HCl Injection, USP 1 mg/10 mL (100 mcg/mL)
How to make your own push dose pressors:
- YouTube video, Push-Dose Pressors, March 14, 2019 from Core EM. The video discusses the preparation of and use of both push-dose vasopressors, epinephrine and phenylephrine.
In addition to the infographic above, please review the following posts [and the original source material referenced in the posts]:
- EMCrit Podcast 205 – Push-Dose Pressors Update
August 7, 2017 by Dr. Scott Weingart from EMCrit
- Vasopressor Basics (and Much More)–EMCrit #138 from Dr. Weingart
Posted on May 25, 2015 by Tom Wade MD
- How To Effectively Use Vasopressors – Posts From Dr. Farkas And Podcasts From Dr. Weingart
Posted on June 23, 2018 by Tom Wade MD
- Podcast 87 – Mind of the Resuscitationist: Stop Points
November 26, 2012 by Dr Scott Weingart
- “In this Mind of the Resuscitationist Episode, I [Dr Weingart] discuss stop points: one for when you are using multiple vasopressors and especially about a cognitive stop point whenever things are going south.”
- Link To And Excerpts From “Episode 135.0 – Occult Causes of Non-Response to Vasopressors” Podcast From Core EM
Posted on February 18, 2020 by Tom Wade MD
- Here is the checklist from the above: