In this post I link to the Internet Book of Critical Care [Link is to the Table Of Contents] chapter, Right Ventricular failure due to pulmonary hypertension. August 20, 2021 by Dr. Josh Farkas.
Following the links to the IBCC chapter, I post additional links related to the chapter on venous congestion and the VExUS scan.
Right Ventricular failure due to pulmonary hypertension
- Rapid Reference
- Caveat: Lack of evidentiary support
- Causes of pulmonary hypertension
- Questions & discussion
- Supplemental media
- Related IBCC chapter: Inhaled pulmonary vasodilators
- EMCrit Podcast 272: RV failure with Sara Crager
- EMCrit Podcast 181: Pulmonary Hypertension and RV failure with Susan Wilcox.
- RV enlargement on bedside ultrasound – 5 minute sono by Jacob Avila
- Right heart strain: Radiopaedia by Yuranga Weerakkody et al.
The additional resources will be coming soon.