In future posts I will be blogging on specific emergency conditions requiring the use of emergency IV medications.
For now, here are links to outstanding resources on the indications for and the use of emergency intravenous medications.
(1) 2015 Handbook Of Emergency Cardiovascular Care for Healthcare Providers
The above is a great study book for the Advanced Cardiac Life Support Course.
(2) The Resuscitation Crisis Manual 2018 by Drs Scott Weingart and David Borshoff
If you participate in acute emergency care in any setting you should strongly consider ordering this book. When you purchase the book, you also recieve a PDF copy which you can place on your phone, tablet, and laptop.
This resource has suggested concentrations for emergency IV medications.
(4) Proposed Standard Concentrations: Pediatric IV Continuous Infusions Feb 2019 from the ASHP’s Standardize 4 Safety Initiative.
This draft resource has suggested concentrations for emergency IV medications.
(5) ISMP Safe Practice Guidelines for Adult IV Push Medications: A compilation of safe practices from the ISMP Adult IV Push Medication Safety Summit [Full Text PDF]. Institute For Safe Medication Practices. 2015.
(6) Intravenous Administration of Formulary Medications – Pediatric/Neonatal – Inpatient/Ambulatory Clinical Practice Guideline [Full Text PDF]. Copyright © 2018 University of Wisconsin Hospitals and Clinics Authority