In this post I link to and excerpt from the podcast and notes of PedsCases’ Acute Appendicitis.
I also link to three resources of the Children’s Hospital Of Philadelphia (CHOP):
- Clinical Pathways Library
- [The above] is a comprehensive list of the clinical pathways at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP).
- Appendicitis, ED
- Appendicitis, Inpatient
Here are excerpts from PedsCases’ Acute Appendicitis:
In this podcast, the listener will learn the basics of approaching acute appendicitis in pediatric patients. This includes the epidemiology, pathophysiology, and complications of acute appendicitis, its presentation, the differential diagnosis of acute abdominal pain in children, investigations for suspected appendicitis, and an overview of its management. This podcast was created by Christina Ray, a medical student at the University of Alberta, in conjunction with Dr. Troy Turner, an emergency physician at the University of Alberta’s Stollery Children’s Hospital.
- At the time of this post there is no current script posted.
- Download on iTunes
- Podcast: An Approach to Pediatric Bowel Obstruction
- Podcast: Acute Abdominal Pain
- Note: Acute Abdominal Pain
- Podcast: Chronic Abdominal Pain
- Case: Abdominal Pain in an 8-Year-Old