Today, I review Post-Viral Gastrointestinal Disruption & Dysfunction, 50:35, Nov 2, 2022, by Laura A. Pace, MD, PhD.
Laura A. Pace, MD, PhD., is the Founder of Metrodora Institute, adult lead for the NIH Undiagnosed Diseases Network, Chair of the Gastrointestinal Working Group for Ehlers-Danlos Society, Medical Board member for Dysautonomia International, and sits on the NIH RECOVER initiative.
During her lecture she addresses:
– Post-viral gastrointestinal symptoms
– The neuroimmune axis: neuroanatomy and functions of the GI tract, enteric nervous system
– How the GI tract interfaces with the nervous, immune, and endocrine systems
– The neuroimmune axis in action
– Gut microbiota’s communication with the nervous, immune, and enteroendocrine systems
-Diagnostic tools to assess: gut motility, immune profiling, enteric nervous system mapping, non-IgE mediated allergies