(1) Dust mite allergies: Overview
Created: July 13, 2017; Next update: 2020.
(2) ODACTRA is the first and only FDA-approved sublingual tablet for HDM-induced AR, with or without conjunctivitis
Over 50% of allergies are caused by dust mites—and they could be making you miserable.
If the cold-like stuffed up, sneezing, irritated itchy nose and eye symptoms of hay fever (medically, allergic rhinitis) are making you miserable while indoors or year-round, it could be due to a common allergy: house dust mites.
Allergic rhinitis occurs when you come in contact with an allergen (a substance that causes allergic reactions). In millions of cases, house dust mites are the cause of this allergy.
(3) Domestic mite–induced allergy: Causes, diagnosis, and future prospects [PubMed Abstract] [Full Text] [Full Text PDF]. Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol. 2018 Jan-Dec;32:2058738418804095. doi: 10.1177/2058738418804095.
(4) Efficacy and safety of SQ house dust mite (HDM) SLIT-tablet treatment of HDM allergic asthma [PubMed Abstract] [Full Text HTML] [Full Text PDF]
(5) Hierarchy and molecular properties of house dust mite allergens [PubMed Abstract] [Full Text HTML] [Full Text PDF]. Allergol Int. 2015 Oct;64(4):304-11. doi: 10.1016/j.alit.2015.05.004. Epub 2015 Jun 13.
(6) Dissecting the causes of atopic dermatitis in children: less foods, more mites [PubMed Abstract] [Full Text HTML] [Full Text PDF]. Allergol Int. 2012 Jun;61(2):231-43. doi: 10.2332/allergolint.11-RA-0371. Epub 2012 Feb 25.
The above article has been cited by 8 articles in PubMed Central.
(7) Mite allergen extracts and clinical practice [PubMed Abstract]. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2017 Mar;118(3):249-256. doi: 10.1016/j.anai.2016.08.018.
(8) ImmunoCAP® ISAC and Microtest for multiplex allergen testing in people with difficult to manage allergic disease: a systematic review and cost analysis [PubMed Abstract] [Full Text HTML] [Full Text PDF]. Health Technol Assess. 2016 Sep;20(67):1-178. doi: 10.3310/hta20670.