In the Aug 8, 2020 edition of the Washington Post, there appeared the following article: Health experts worry coronavirus could cause lasting heart complications for athletes. This article is a great introduction to the growing concerns about the potentially lasting effects of COVID-19 on the heart.
In this post I link to the following resources on COVID-19 and its effects on the heart.
Note: As I review the articles below I will be posting those I find especially useful in separate upcoming posts.
- A Game Plan for the Resumption of Sport and Exercise After Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Infection. JAMA Cardiology, May 13, 2020.
- Red Sox ace, 27, won’t pitch this season because of heart ailment linked to covid-19. Washington Post, Aug 2, 2020.
- Viral Facebook post from IU football player’s mom about son’s COVID-19 issues serves as warning.
Zach Osterman, Indianapolis Star, Aug 3, 2020; updated Aug 4, 2020.
- Outcomes of Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance Imaging in Patients Recently Recovered From Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). JAMA Cardiology, July 27, 2020.
- The Professional Heart Daily from the American Heart Association
- COVID-19 and Cardiology
Last updated on 7 August 2020 from the European Society of Cardiology
- Editorial: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) and the Heart—Is Heart Failure the Next Chapter? JAMA Cardiol. Published online July 27, 2020.
- COVID-19 Content: An AHA Compendium accessed 8-9-2020 from the The Professional Heart Daily.
- Myocarditis Foundation
- Help Us End Suffering and Sudden Death From Myocarditis
- Be Alert to Myocarditis in Children: A Guide For Physicians (PDF, 372 KB)
- Adult Myocarditis: Recognition and Diagnosis (PDF, 265 KB)
- Myocarditis and Sudden Death Fact Sheet (PDF, 117 KB)
- Emergency Room Form (PDF, 162 KB)
- View all Myocarditis Webinars