This post features a link to and Resources from The ASCVD Risk Estimator Plus [Link is the Functioning Risk Estimator Plus app].
The following is from the above link:
For Optimal Use:
- Estimate patient’s 10-year ASCVD risk at an initial visit to establish a reference point.
- Forecast the potential impact of different interventions on patient risk.
- Reassess ASCVD risk at follow-up visits. Follow up risk incorporates change in risk factor levels over time and requires both initial and follow up values.
- Use the information above to help with clinician-patient discussions on risk and risk-lowering interventions. [This point refers to the three tabs at the very top of the app screen: Estimate Risk, Therapy Impact, and Advice Tab]
See the “About the App” screen in this app for a definition of terms and additional instructions.
What follows below is a non-functioning picture of the app.
And here is a link to About The App: which has information on:
- The why and how of risk assessment*
- How to use this app for risk assessment