(1) Ultrasound of extravascular lung water: a new standard for pulmonary congestion [PubMed Abstract] [Full Text HTML] [Full Text PDF]. Eur Heart J. 2016 Jul 14;37(27):2097-104. doi: 10.1093/eurheartj/ehw164. Epub 2016 May 12.
The above is an awesome article that explains the use of lung ultrasound in the evaluation of extra-vascular lung water in heart failure diagnosis and management. It is the place to start for an excellent introduction and review.
(2) A Simplified Ultrasound Comet Tail Grading Scoring to Assess Pulmonary Congestion in Patients with Heart Failure [PubMed Abstract] [Full Text HTML] [Full Text PDF]. Biomed Res Int. 2018 Jan 2;2018:8474839. doi: 10.1155/2018/8474839. eCollection 2018.
The above article has useful information for clinicians who want to begin incorporating lung ultrasound in their clinical assessment and management of heart failure. It is helpful after you have reviewed Resource (1).
(3) Dynamic changes and prognostic value of pulmonary congestion by lung ultrasound in acute and chronic heart failure: a systematic review [PubMed Abstract] [Full Text HTML] [Full Text PDF]. Eur J Heart Fail. 2017 Sep;19(9):1154-1163. doi: 10.1002/ejhf.839. Epub 2017 May 30.
The above review article is essentially a hypothesis generating article. I didn’t find as much useful how to info as I did in Resources (1) and (2).
(5) Weaning failure of cardiovascular origin: how to suspect, detect and treat-a review of the literature. [PubMed Abstract] [Full Text HTML] [Full Text PDF]. Ann Intensive Care. 2019 Jan 9;9(1):6. doi: 10.1186/s13613-019-0481-3.
(6) The reliability of lung ultrasound in assessment of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis [Full Text HTML] 2017
(7) Usefulness of lung ultrasound B-lines in connective tissue disease-associated interstitial lung disease: a literature review [Full Text HTML] 2017
(8) Ultrasound B-lines in the evaluation of interstitial lung disease in patients with systemic sclerosis: Cut-off point definition for the presence of significant pulmonary fibrosis [Full Text HTML]. 2018
(9) Roles of transthoracic lung ultrasonography in diagnosis of interstitial lung disease: correlation with HRCT, vital capacity, diffusing of the lung for monoxide test [Abstract].
(10) The role of lung ultrasound in the diagnosis of interstitial lung disease [Full Text HTML]. 2018