I just reviewed The Curbsiders’ podcast and show notes for episode #138 Inflammatory Bowel Disease: Crohn’s and Ulcerative, FEBRUARY 4, 2019 By DR PAUL WILLIAMS from The Curbsiders. It is, as always, a great resource for primary care physicians [like me].
Here are the time stamps for the Crohn’s Disease discussion:
- 47:05 A case of Crohn’s disease; initial approach and differential diagnosis
- 50:25 Initial diagnostic testing; colonoscopy findings in Crohn’s; IBD trivia
- 53:58 Treatment of Crohn’s disease
- 58:26 Specifics about biologic therapy for IBD; Endpoints
- 62:25 Steroid sparing agents, immunomodulators like azathioprine, 6-mercaptopurine
- 64:48 Can drug therapy be stopped or tapered in IBD?
- 66:50 Prognosis in Crohn’s and initial patient counseling
And I wanted to learn more on the use of Infliximab in the treatment of Crohn’s Disease. Here is a YouTube video that discusses the use of Infliximab and other anti-TNF therapies. So I reviewed this YouTube video.
Use of anti-TNF therapies for Crohn’s disease – Watch On YouTube Published on Jan 10, 2018.