Note to myself – Be sure and review:
- Anaphylaxis: a practice parameter update 2015 [PubMed Abstract] [Full Text PDF]. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2015 Nov;115(5):341-84. doi: 10.1016/j.anai.2015.07.019.
- Emergency department diagnosis and treatment of anaphylaxis:
a practice parameter [PubMed Abstract] [Full Text PDF]. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 113 (2014) 599e608
- Episode 107 Angioedema [Podcast] from Core EM. July, 24, 2017
- Angioedema Article from Core EM, July 16, 2016.
- Link To And Excerpts From The Article “Perioperative Anaphylaxis: Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Management”
Posted on June 24, 2019 by Tom Wade MD
- Links To And Excerpts From [Bradykinin-Induced] Angioedema – From Dr. Farkas’ Internet Book Of Critical Care
Posted on August 2, 2019 by Tom Wade MD
Here is the link to the podcast and show notes of #151 Anaphylaxis with Dr Olajumoke Fadugba
MAY 27, 2019 By EMI OKAMOTO MD from The Curbsiders.
Here is the podcast [embedded for your listening convenience]:
Recognize common presentations of anaphylaxis and stop under-treating this deadly allergic reaction with tips from Dr. Olajumoke Fadugba, Assistant Professor of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania! We review the basic pathophysiology and the standard criteria for diagnosing anaphylaxis, treatment basics, the primary importance of epinephrine, and the utility of adjunctive therapies. Also included are great tips on counseling patients about auto-injectable epinephrine, and a reminder not to panic…
As always the accompanying show notes are excellent so just go and review them now.
Here is the great infographic from Dr. Emi Okimato, the producer of this great episode: