What follows are links to three excellent podcasts with show notes on the subject of trauma from Emergency Medicine Cases. I’ve just reviewed the podcasts and show notes and have placed the links in my blog to remind me of these resources.
Note to myself: You can quickly review the outstanding show notes when you don’t have time to listen to the podcasts.
After the three links below, I have placed in Additional Resources links to other useful trauma posts which I’ve designated as My Trauma Minicourse.
BCE 78 Traumatic Cardiac Arrest December 2018
Ep 118 Trauma – The First and Last 15 Minutes Part 1 December 2018
Ep 119 Trauma – The First and Last 15 Minutes Part 2 January 2019
(1) An Article and A YouTube Video For Prehospital Hemorrhage Control
Posted on October 7, 2016 by Tom Wade MD
(2) Shock Index – Another Way To Avoid Missing Shock
Posted on April 16, 2016 by Tom Wade MD
(3) A Great Website for DIY Surgical Practice Models That Students Can Build
Posted on April 11, 2016 by Tom Wade MD
(4) Pediatric Fracture Guidelines from The Royal Children’s Hospital of Melbourne – Outstanding
Posted on January 1, 2016 by Tom Wade MD
(5) Imaging of Acute Knee Trauma from the ACR Appropriateness Criteria
Posted on December 30, 2015 by Tom Wade MD
(6) Central Venous Catheterization of the Femoral Vein
Posted on September 11, 2015 by Tom Wade MD
(7) An Outstanding Free Trauma Course Manual–Anesthesia, Trauma, and Critical Care (ATACC)
Posted on September 11, 2015 by Tom Wade MD [1-10-2019: The Trauma Course Manual is no longer available online.]
(8) Guidelines for Field Triage of Trauma Patients 2011 from the Centers for Disease Control
Posted on February 16, 2012 by Tom Wade MD
(9) DIY Vascular Access Simulator For Use With Ultrasound – With Links To Additional DIY Simulators
Posted on March 17, 2017 by Tom Wade MD
(10) A Link to “All Things Cricothyrotomy”, Dr. Weingart’s Outstanding Podcast 131
Posted on May 23, 2015 by Tom Wade MD [Dr. Weingart’s podcast has an example of a DIY cricothyrotomy simulator among all the other great stuff.]
(11) Placing A Femoral Line In Shock And Cardiac Arrest
Posted on March 15, 2017 by Tom Wade MD
(12) Use of Ultrasound To Confirm Correct Pediatric Intraosseous Placement
Posted on October 25, 2016 by Tom Wade MD
(13) Ultrasound Guidance for Vascular Access and Regional Anesthesia – Includes Info On Building DIY Practice Simulator
Posted on March 8, 2015 by Tom Wade MD
(14) RUSH Exam from Dr. Weingart at UltrasoundPod YouTube Channel and website.
Posted on February 24, 2015 by Tom Wade MD
You use the curvilinear probe for views 1 through 7 and the linear probe for views 8 and 9.