I’m helping a non-profit with their Google website and these are my notes and links.
The following is the page Convert your [classic] Google site to New [Google] Sites:
Convert your site to New Sites
If you use Classic Sites and want to try New Sites, move your site’s content.
Can I migrate my Classic site to New Sites?
Tools to help you move to New Sites are coming. Until then:
- You can continue to use Classic Sites, but use New Sites to create your next site.
- We’ll announce when Classic Sites will stop working at least 1 year in advance.
Move your content to New Sites
- On a computer, open New Google Sites.
- In the bottom right, click Create .
- To add a page, at the right, click Pages Add page .
- Copy and paste content from Classic Sites to pages on New Sites.
- To publish your site, at the top right, click Publish.
- Add a link on your Classic site that sends people to your new site.